Make Sure Your Website is Ready for the Holidays With This Checklist
You’ve been looking ahead all year for this season when shoppers are out looking for the perfect gift and they have their hands on their wallets. Well, with their broadband at the ready and their smart phones poised with bluetooth, they are ready to check out the stores and sales before putting their hands on their wallets.
Stats show local shoppers doing more of their shopping online before venturing out to make their purchases and that means that you have to have your store or service website ready and waiting for them. If you offer online purchasing to helkp streamline your customers experience than there is a testing you need to do with your website and a checklist of basic items to cover.
The merchants that have done their due diligence will be ahead of those who don’t and they will have happier customers that return again and again.
Go through the ‘Website Ready’ checklist to make your customers shopping easier.
- Check that your phone number is correct and easy to find or easily visible.
- Ensure your contact information is current.
- Test your website contact form.
- Have someone available to answer customer emails within 24 hours.
- All of your locations, their addresses and phone numbers, are listed.
- Ads on your website are current.
- Update promotional images.
- Test your pages and links.
- Include links to your other social media sites.
- Test your social media links.
- Review and update your services.
- Review and update layaway, returns and exchanges information.
- Review and update shipping and gift wrapping information.
- Make sure analytics script is installed to measure visitor behaviour.
- Email marketing campaigns and autoresponders ready to go.
- Coupon codes are tested and working.
- Optin forms are ready and tested to receive new subscribers. (Build a list to market to).
Also include your website address and social media addresses in local print and online directories, your business cards, emails and in holiday ads and flyers.
During the season it is important to monitor your analytics to see what your visitors are doing and how you can optimize their experience to improve it. Do split testing of your ads and emails to see which get the better open rates and responses. This is one of the most important things you can do to help improve your sales each year.
Don’t leave it to chance or think things are always ‘good enough’. And don’t assume because you were pleased with your numbers last year, that what you did then is good enough to do again. Maybe it is, but without testing to be sure, you’re gambling. You didn’t get this far in your business by gambling.